Pavan Guru - The song of the wind



This is a reflection on this shabad.  For complete notes on this shabad see Pavan Guru Pani Pita - Lyrics & Translation

Reflection

These are not merely words. These are the words of my master. The words of my love. The words fly without wings because the wind carries them.  They are the songs of the wind. At the same time as these songs pacify deep within, they also reignite candle. 

Just like water initiates my life as my father. Just like this earth nourishes my life as my mother. This is the song of the wind that enlightens my life as my Guru. 

This song of the wind is my caretaker. One of its verse enlivens my day of life. The other verse cradles my night of life.

This is the song of the wind that provides direction. I can choose to hear this song, and let it penetrate with love. And then I am near love and I am near life. And if I choose to ignore, I am farther from love, and farther from life. 

This song of the wind provide me guidance. When I am wrong it blows me towards the light of truth. When I am right, it fills me with joy. Anyone else who can hear this song of the wind, is in similar rapture as me. Pavan Guru. 

There are crazy people who think this wind is invisible and these songs cannot be heard. And the crazy people think I am crazy. 

On its invisibility Christina Rossetti writes in her poem: 

Who Has Seen the Wind
- Christina Rossetti

Who has seen the wind?
Neither I nor you.
But when the leaves hang trembling,
The wind is passing through.

Who has seen the wind?
​Neither you nor I.
But when the trees bow down their heads,
The wind is passing by.

The song of the wind

It is quick. The song of the wind travels fast. 
It has both powers. It is the lock and the key.  It can destroy or create. 
It is inside. It is outside. It is probably in places I can't imagine. 
All I thirst for is the song of the wind is all I want. 
The master's breath ripens the unripen grapes within.

Love is essential. No matter how much you love them
one can survive without reading, writing and music
one can even live a few days without food and water
but no one survives more than a few minutes
without song of the wind.

Love of the song of the wind is the
most quintessential of the essential loves. 

breath is shared. the master
passes on the breath to the disciple
and the disciple then has 
the master's breath
along with the equanimity
truth, love and beauty 
all of oneness

it is everywhere 
where we go



0 Comments